Ritchie Bros. marks 20 years of auctions in Dubai
Construction equipment auctioneer Ritchie Bros. marks two decades of unreserved bidding with December’s lot
Construction equipment auctioneer Ritchie Bros. is marking its 20th anniversary in the UAE with its 73rd unreserved auction this December of a final lot for 2016 consigned with more than 1,700 heavy equipment items and trucks.
Ritchie Bros.’ first Dubai auction was held in 1997. Since then the company has held 72 auctions in the emirate, selling over 120,000 lots and registering more than 40,000 bidders – though today’s auctions are a lot different than those conducted twenty years ago.
Among the 1,700 items on sale this month, the lots of equipment include:
- 60+ cranes, including a 2014 Sany SAC2200F 220-ton 10x8x10 all-terrain crane
- 70+ excavators, including a 2011 Caterpillar 336DLN hydraulic excavator
- 75+ compactors, including 10 unused 2016 Dynapac CA255 vibratory rollers
- 15+ bulldozers, including two 2013 Caterpillar D6T bulldozers
- 170+ generator sets, including four unused 2013 Caterpillar 500 KVA skid-mounted gen sets
The final two-day unreserved auction of 2016 will take place in Dubai from 13th-14th December.
Bids can be made in person at the auction site, online at rbauction.com and by proxy.
“At the first auctions in Dubai, bidders were seated in a huge tent and everyone joined in person as we didn’t have online bidding yet,” said Eduard Faig, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros.
“Now we run our operation in a comfortable auction theatre, and have a lot more to offer to our customers. Through the years more bidders from more countries outside the region found their way to our Dubai auctions, either in person or online, making it a powerful auction hub.
“Every year businesses from all over the Middle East, Asia and further away rely on us to sell and buy the equipment they need.”