Volkswagen Truck & Bus to be renamed as Traton Group
Volkswagen brands MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Caminhões e Ônibus and RIO will retain their own identities under the new umbrella brand
Volkswagen Truck & Bus Group has been renamed into Traton Group to increase its independence further towards capital market readiness.
The Group's traditional brands MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Caminhões e Ônibus and RIO will retain their own identities under the umbrella brand of Traton Group. The official name change is expected to be effective by Q3 2018.
The name Traton stands for a young company designed for and born in a new era of transportation:
• TRAnsformation of the ecosystem transport is our mission – for everyone´s benefit.
• TRAnsportation is our and our customer’s passion.
• TONnage is what our customers are moving around the world, every day.
• TRAdition of our strong brands is what is grounding us.
• Always “ON” is the ultimate goal of our customers and our attitude in order to make everything possible for them.
Andreas Renschler, CEO, Volkswagen Truck & Bus Group, said: “Traton provides us with more independence. It will further strengthen our Group’s joint identity and uniqueness. The new name will also foster our visibility as the leading group for innovative transportation solutions. It will increase our attractiveness for new talents as well as for capital markets.”