Euro Auctions Dubai doubles Middle East sales in the last 12 months
Euro Auctions, the global auctioneers of industrial plant, construction equipment and agricultural machinery, continues to build upon its success in the Middle East. Its latest Dubai auction on 9 March 2020 drew in an ever-increasing number of bidders, doubling interest over the same month in 2019 by over 100%, doubling the hammer total, doubling the number of lots for sale, and doubling bidders and buyers, whilst reaching out to a greater global audience.
Within the last 12 months Euro Auctions Dubai has gained increasing support from consignors and buyers. The recent one-day sale resulted in over 50% of all bids were transacted online proving the success of the marketing reach for this sale. Average lot prices were up over 100% reflecting the quality of the equipment being consigned to the auction by the ever-expanding number of vendors. New bidder registrations for this sale were also boosted significantly by 150% new / first time bidders; around one-in-three of whom placed successful winning bids.
Bidders came from across the Middle East including UAE, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Jordan as well as from Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan plus there was a strong Western European contingent, with the UK, Netherlands and Germany well represented.
Derek Bleakley, general manager, Euro Auctions, Dubai, commented: “At this Dubai sale, over 70% of all equipment sold was purchased by buyers from the UAE, Africa, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia. The rest of the inventory was bought by European buyers, with top buying countries, in order, being Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, and the UK.”
Derek Bleakley, general manager, Euro Auctions, Dubai.
“The quality and range of the equipment being offered including unused skid steers, excavators and compactors in Dubai appeals to global buyers as does our strong market presence, helping to deliver real growth over the last 12 months. We have achieved a lot in the region during the last year, proving to consignors we continue to be a trusted partner and offer a quality service to both buyers and sellers. Moreover, our customers appreciate the support that all our staff give, in addition to the reach of our global marketing campaigns," he added.
The hammer prices of notable lots included:
- 2008 Mercedes ACTROS 3340 6x4 c/w Sleeper Cab, A/C (GCC duties not paid): $29,000
- 2007 Mercedes ACTROS 3340 6x4 c/w Sleeper Cab, A/C (GCC duties not paid): $29,000
- 2008 Mercedes Actros 3331 6x4 Water Tanker c/w A/C (GCC duties not paid): $29,000
- 2009 CAT 434E Turbo Powershift, Piped c/w Joystick Controls, 4in1 Bucket, Forks, A/C: $19,000
- 2007 JCB 4CX P21 Turbo Powershift Backhoe Loader c/w 4 in 1 Bucket, Forks, A/C: $18,000
- Unused Ammann AP240T2 Pneumatic Tyred Roller: $50,000
- Unused Ammann AV110X Double Drum Vibrating Roller: $44,500
- 2008 Bomag BW211-D40 Single Drum Roller c/w Full Cab, A/C: $28,000
- 2015 Komatsu WA470-7 Wheeled Loader, QH c/w Bucket, A/C: $62,000
- 2016 Komatsu WA380Z-6 Wheeled Loader c/w Bucket, A/C: $43,000
- 2008 Volvo L120F Wheeled Loader c/w Bucket, A/C: $22,000
- 0330 - 2006 CAT D8R LRC Straight Blade & Tilt c/w Ripper: $69,000
- 0331 - 2005 CAT D8R LRC Straight Blade & Tilt c/w Ripper: $72,000
- 2008 Volvo EW180C Wheeled Excavator, Blade, CV, QH, Piped, Aux. Piping, A/C: $37,500
- 2007 Liebherr A900C Wheeled Excavator, Blade, CV c/w Bucket, A/C: $25,000
- 2014 Hyundai Robex R480LC-9 700mm Pads, CV, Piped c/w Reverse Camera, A/C: $57,500
- Unused Case CX350B 600mm Pads, Piped c/w A/C: $113,000
Skid steer loaders
- Unused Bobcat S510 Skidsteer Loader: $21,000
- Unused Bobcat S450 SkidSteer Loader: $19,000
- 2010 Terex A600-1 4x4 Rough Terrain, 28.70m, 4 Section Boom, Fly Jib, 3445 hrs: $124,000
- 2001 Tadano TR500M-3 4x4 Rough Terrain, 38.1m, 6 Section Boom, 1687 hrs: $107,500
- 1991 Tadano TR500M-1-00104 4x4 Rough Terrain, 5 Section Boom, 2 Hook Blocks: $52,500
- 2010 Terex RC45-1 4x4 Rough Terrain, 37.4m, 5 Section Boom, 8m Fly Jib, 2 Hook Blocks: $90,000
- 2007 XCMG QY50K Mobile Crane, 40.1m, 5 Section Main Boom,18m Foldable Jib: $55,000
- 2009 CAT 140k Motor Grader c/w Blade, Multi Shank Ripper, A/C: $72,000
- 1997 CAT 14H Motor Grader c/w Blade, Multi Shank Ripper, A/C: $68,000
Euro Auctions has been conducting unreserved auctions of industrial plant, construction equipment and agricultural machinery since 1998 and today holds over 60 major auctions every year, including several off-site sales for leading plant hire companies, for cessation of trading, retirement sales as well as stock and fleet rotation. With its head office located in Dromore, Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland, it has 10 permanent auction sites around the globe in the UK, Germany, Spain, Australia, and the USA, with new facilities added in 2017 in the United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong. All sites are fully operational always, with permanent offices, auction yards and full-time staff. Euro Auctions also markets equipment globally to more than 150,000 buyers in over 95 countries plus offers a robust, secure and free-to-use online sales platform. The next Euro Auctions Dubai sale is scheduled for 8 June 2020.