IAPA 2019 winners announced in Dubai
The next edition of the awards ceremony will be held in London on 23 April 2020
Around 300 industry professionals gathered on 6 March 2019 in Dubai, UAE, to honour the winners of the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs). Jointly organised by Access International and the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), the IAPAs celebrate best practice and excellence in the powered access industry, and this was the first time the event was held in the Middle East.
In a change to the usual proceedings, the IPAF President’s Award was announced during the IAPAs ceremony, immediate past president Nick Selley making Jean Harrison, IPAF membership officer & event coordinator, his choice for her sterling contribution to the federation in a variety of roles over more than 25 years.
The attendees also remembered long-serving IPAF member, North America regional council member and powered access stalwart Alastair Robertson, who died following a short illness last month. The Lifetime Achievement IAPA was awarded posthumously to John L Grove, founder of JLG Industries.
The next edition of the awards ceremony will be returning to the UK for the first time since 2017 and will be held in London on 23 April 2020.
More than 100 entries were received for 13 award categories, ranging from new products and innovations to safety and training. The full list of the IAPA 2019 winners is as follows:
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year: Charlie Ellis, Nationwide Platforms, UK
- IPAF Training Centre of the Year: ALS Safety, UK
- Access Photograph of the Year: Santeri Keranen, senior blade technician at Bladefence, Finland
- Product of the Year – Mast Climbing Work Platforms/Hoists: Alimak for its Mammoth TM
- Product of the Year – Vehicle/trailer-mounted: Bronto Skylift, Finland, for its S35EM truck
- Product of the Year – Scissor Lifts and Vertical Masts: Hybeko for its Tunnel 3390 RT scissor lift
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled Booms & Atrium Lifts: Almac, Italy, for its Jibbi 1250 Evo tracked boom
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height: Proud2bsafe, UK
- Powered Access Pioneer: Dingli, China
- Digital Development: JLG Industries, US, for its BIM library
- Access Rental Company of the Year: A-Plant, UK
- Innovative Technology: Skyjack, Canada, for its Elevate On App
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award: John L Grove, US, cranes and access pioneer